Dashboard week is upon DS13. The basic idea is that the team is given a data source, they prep the data, create a visualization, and write a blog post. The blogging is going to be a struggle for some of them, but oh well, they’ll have to get over it.
Here are the rules that are common across each day:
- They must work independently.
- Everything MUST be done by 5pm (so that I can write a recap blog post).
- Must leave their laptops at work in the evening.
- The next morning, present back the previous day’s work.
- No complaining!
- Pay attention; requirements may change day-to-day.
For day 1, the team will be using data about the NHS from data.gov.uk. Specifically, they will be looking at spending over £25,000 at NHS Trusts. Using this search, which results in 391 data sources, they will need to download and combine all of the data across the 20 pages of search results. Each NHS Trust has multiple files as well.
It will be interesting to see what they can find from an analytical standpoint.