To be honest, before starting at the Data School I did not have any specific expectations. I knew I was going to be with a group of smart, interesting people learning Tableau and Alteryx from the very best and having fun along the way. My plan was simple: come in every day with an open mind ready to learn and four months from now I will be a data rock star. Sounds good, right?
But how do I track my progress? Do I ask myself if I feel like a rock star yet? After week 1 of DS, I decided it was time to get serious and set some real goals.
My Data School Goals
Keeping the SMART acronym in mind, I set the following goals:
- Continue to improve my Tableau skills participating in Makeover Monday
- Ask for feedback regularly
- Become an active member of the Tableau and Alteryx communities by attending at least one event each month
- Sharpen my Alteryx skills with the Weekly Challenges
- Write at least one blog post a week
These goals will make it easy to track my progress. And who knows? Maybe if I achieve all of this at the end of for months, I will feel like a rock star!