On the final day of Dashboard Week, our task was to download, visualise, and blog about some Uber movement data. It was a straightforward process to download the data from Uber, but a little trickier to prep the geo-spatial bits. I was close to succeeding on this front when I learned a very important lesson (for the nth time): save your workflows, folks!

The spatial data in question (before cleaning).

So, not a lot to show at this point but watch this space for my final product in the near future! In the meantime, here is a rough draft of the viz I was hoping to build:

It was certainly an intense week, but we learned a great deal and got to practice a wide range of techniques. Looking forward to setting the challenges for DS16!