Thank you Jonathan for saving us from Dashboard Day2! So how do you import multiple files from folders within folders within folders into Alteryx using the Directory Tool?
- Import a single file using the Input Data Tool; Connect it with a Control Parameter;
- Update the entire file path;
- Connect a Macro Output; Save the Macro.
- Connect the Macro with the Directory Tool;
- Write the highest hierarchy of your file path folder under ‘Directory’;
- Indicate the file type that you are looking for under ‘File Specification’;
- Tick the ‘Include SubDirectories’ box.
- Choose ‘FullPath’ under the Choose Field dropdown menu when configuring the input macro
Connect with the Output Data Tool, it’s done!
Here is my dashboard for Dashboard Week Day2: