We were supposed to have a project for a client this week, but it had to be delayed at the last minute. Instead the team gets to experience Dashboard Week. Each cohort before them has gone through different flavors and it starts Monday for DS7. The point of Dashboard Week is to get them working very, very quickly through a brand new data set each day. I adjusted for each cohort based on feedback from previous cohorts, which means it gets tougher and tougher. This week, each day will require data prep as well as building a dashboard. Some days have complex data, some don’t. It’s a total surprise each morning.
Friday is by far the toughest day. The day starts and ends with presentations. That means only 4-5 hours to complete an entire project, which will include data prep and the dashboard.
Want to play along? Check out the DS blog Monday morning for their first challenge.
- Each day they are given a new data set from which to create a dashboard.
- They must work individually on the data prep and dashboard. Alteryx must be used for the data prep and Tableau for the visualisations.
- Each morning (starting on Tuesday), they will present their work from the day before. Each presentations should be 5-10 minutes max per person.
- For the weekly Friday presentations, they will present their Friday dashboard, plus one favorite from the other days.
- Each day they must also write a short blog post for each dashboard.