Each and every cohort has to go through their own version of
Hell Week Dashboard Week and DS5 has it coming to them starting today. The point of Dashboard Week is to get them working very, very quickly through a brand new data set each day. Some days require data prep, some don’t. Some days have complex data, some don’t. It’s a total surprise each morning.
Friday is by far the toughest day. The day starts and ends with presentations. That means only 4-5 hours to complete an entire project, which will include data prep and the dashboard.
- Each day they are given a new data set from which to create a dashboard.
- They must work individually on the data prep and dashboard. Alteryx must be used for the data prep and Tableau for the visualisations.
- Each morning (starting on day 2), they will present their work from the day before. Each presentations should be 5-10 minutes max per person. These will be broadcast via GoToMeeting (Link).
- For the weekly Friday presentations, they will present their Friday dashboard, plus one favorite from the other days.
- Each day they must also write a short blog post for each dashboard.
Monday was a bank holiday, so we have a short week (lucky for them!). If you’d like to participate in Dashboard Week, today is your chance. And if you do, I’ll even let you present on Wednesday morning if you dial into the GoToMeeting. Remember that you must follow the rules though!
- Use the UK Street Crimes (Link) data set
- You MUST use the API. Build an Alteryx App that allows the user to pick a date range and category and enter a post code. The app must then render a Tableau KPI dashboard automatically.