A new week means another challenge in the Data School Gym. This challenge came about because Nai Louza had a tough calculation she needed help figuring out. Here’s the final result you should produce:
- Build a stacked bar chart that shows % of total sales for the East and West within each Product Sub-Category
- Sort the bars by the % of total sales in the East
- If you reorder the Regions, the sort should switch to the % of total sales in the West
- Provide a method for the users to pick how many product sub-categories they want to include
- You can do this with table calculations. You do not need to use LOD calcs.
- For the sorting, you have to figure out how to sort by only the value of the East (or West if you change the order on the color shelf).
- The Top N filter you see above is NOT a parameter.
You can find the final solution that I created here. Don’t cheat. Try to figure it out before looking at the solution. Reverse engineering is such a great way to learn.