Day 2 involves web scraping and macros. I haven’t tested this, but it sure looks like it will work.The data comes from the Parliamentary Rules Database, which contains the formal rules of procedure for parliaments over time, or the “rules for making rules” (thanks Data is Plural).
Rules for day 2:
- Create a dataset by going to the browse page, go to each date and scrape the rules.
- They may NOT download the raw data. They must create the dataset manually via Alteryx.
- Create a workflow in Alteryx and include it in the blog post.
- Create a viz and publish it to Tableau Public.
- Write a blog post and publish it by 5pm.
Let’s see how this goes.