And we’re off. For week 1 of Dashboard Week, DS7 has to download, parse, prep and visualize data from the American Housing Survey. Here’s what they have to do:
- Download the data and table definitions here.
- Using Alteryx, import and prep the data (this is the messy part that Alteryx makes easy).
- Begin their analytical process (hopefully following the lessons Caroline Beavon taught them).
- Create an analytical piece (either a single dashboard, a series of dashboards or a story).
- Write a blog post about the process.
- Prepare to present when the Tableau Public team visits tomorrow.
Simple right? We’ll see.