Having graduated with a degree in History and an MSC in HR Management, if you had told me 5 years ago that I would be kick starting a career in data at the age of 27, I would have thought you were joking!
I was first intro’d to The Data School whilst working at GRB. After selling the role to potential future data schoolers, and seeing many of my candidates go through the training and go on to complete awesome placements, I decided to apply.
Having worked alongside The Data School for two years already, my expectations are actually pretty high, just because I know how brilliant everyone is!
Goals and Expectations (2 days in!) …
- Firstly, I hope to increase my knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx and pass the exams
- Improve my soft skills (especially presenting!)
- Increase my network via social media and other channels. One thing that has stood out to me over the past couple of months is the awesome data community. I want to become more integrated in the community and take the opportunity to learn from others.
- Improve my blogging skills. I really hate blogging so I need to learn to start loving it.
- Learn when to walk away from a viz – sometimes when it comes to Tableau I am too much of a perfectionist and I spend hours fretting over the small details – I know this will become an issue when I need to hit deadlines.
- Not be afraid to ask questions/ ask for help if I need it.