Ever wanted to swap between static images on your dashboard with a click of a filter button? well here’s how, by using the background image option of a worksheet.
Create new calculated fields for both your x and y axes by just entering the value of 1.
Put these 2 newly calculated fields on columns and rows to form a scatterplot and turn the measure to AVG.
Turn the mark transparent by clicking on the colour shelf and turning the opacity all the way down to 0%.
Edit both the axes with a fixed range of 0 to 1.
Put the field you want to filter by on both the detail card and also the filter shelf.
Now the canvas has been formed, we can add the images. On the top ribbon, select:
Map > Background Images > Datasource in question
Click on “Add Image…” on the pop up window, which will then result in a second pop up.
On the Image tab you should:
– Select the file/url of the wanted image through the browse button,
– Generate the X Field with your x axis calculated field with Left = 0 and Right = 1.
– Generate the Y Field with your y axis calculated field with Bottom = 0 and Top = 1.
On the Options tab:
– Select whether or not you want to lock the aspect ratio,
– Tick “Always show the entire image”
– For “Only show when” click Add > Select the field which will be filtered on > Select the value for the particular image in question.
Add as many images as you desire/is required.
Hide the headers of the axes.
Stick the created worksheet onto a dashboard and show the filter. Now you can select which ever image (in this case, fruit) that you want, and it will update the image as configured.